[Biojava-dev] Serialization problem

Antoine Logean antoine.logean at innoq.com
Wed Aug 27 01:35:31 UTC 2008

Hi Andreas,

Thanks a lot for your very fast answer. It is exactly what I needed.

May be I can explain you what I intend to do. The aim of my work is to
challenge the performance of a framework/middleware called GigaSpaces
(http://www.gigaspaces.com). They provide an implementation of the
JavaSpace specification (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuple_space#JavaSpaces). In few words you
can see the space as a shared memory where you can write, read and take
POJOs. The space can be defined as persistent and asynchronously
mirrored in a RDBS via Hibernate. The main idea is to avoid the
bottleneck associated with DB accesses and to have all the data and
processes in the same JVM. They call this in memory data grid
(http://www.gigaspaces.com/wiki/display/OLH/GigaSpaces+for+Hibernate+ORM+Users
). Of course, as for RMI parameters, the objects have to be serializable
in order to be written in the space !

I let you know of my progresses.

Regards,

Antoine