[Biojava-dev] The future of BioJava

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Sep 24 09:39:17 UTC 2007

>> 6. When it comes to unit testing and continuous building, is the
>>    bio*.org server going to handle that automated build & burn, or
>> is someone
>>    in the group going to have to do it?  I think the inability to
>> have the
>>    build setup on the server had us stymied before.
>
> I think that Andreas is in a better position to answer this one maybe
> but I'm guessing we can schedule the builds on a time basis along with
> building on each commit into the repository.

Just to clarify regarding the the continuous builds:
There is an auto-build running for BioJava at http://www.spice-3d.org/
cruise/

A build is triggered ~40 minutes after a CVS commit as well as
regularly every night.
The following things happen every build:

* all junit tests are run (see http://www.spice-3d.org/cruise/
buildresults/biojava-live?tab=testResults )
* the latest javadoc is created ( http://www.spice-3d.org/public-
files/javadoc/biojava/ )
* provide a biojava.jar file for download
* provide a biojava-src.jar (source code bundle).

if the build fails (i.e. somebody committed broken code to CVS) this
mailing list will be notified. Actually this is untested so far
since CVS has been fine in the last few weeks :-)

I set this up on my own machine, since I don't have admin rights on
open-bio, but if people would prefer to have it running from
there, it should be fairly simple to move the setup.

Andreas

Andreas Prlic      Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
                               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
			 +44 (0) 1223 49 6891