[Biojava-dev] BioJava Development

Jeff Cope jcope at cableone.net
Thu Nov 29 17:10:55 UTC 2007

Hello all,

            My name is Jeff Cope, and I am currently an undergraduate
developer working as a research assistant on project where we are
calculating some values for various protein sequences like isoelectric
point, instability index, aromaticity, etc. (found here:
http://trac.boisestate.edu/protcalc/ for those who are interested).

            As it stands right now we have implemented an applet client to
server system to communicate the data because we have had to wrap the
BioPython library on the server side.  I have not been able to find the
matching functionality in the BioJava Library, although I recognize that I
might have missed it somewhere in there.

I am currently signed up for the BioJava developer mailing list, and thought
that I would offer to help with implementing this functionality in your
library, then bring that library into our project rather than implementing
it on our own individually.

If I can help out, just let me know.

Thanks,

            Jeff