[Biojava-dev] reading a subsequence from a .nib file

Josh Burdick jburdick at keyfitz.org
Wed Apr 11 17:42:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 09:03 +0800, mark.schreiber at novartis.com wrote:
> Hi -
>
> Too my knowledge nothing like this exists in BioJava. Could someone take
> it the last mile and make it produce SymbolLists?

  I added a method that just takes the string and makes it into a
SymbolList using DNATools.  This is somewhat inefficient (you can make a
SymbolList directly as an array of numbers, but I wasn't certain enough
that I understood it to try that.)

  The package name should be changed, and the test code should probably
do somewhat more, but other than that, if someone wants to add it, feel
free.  (The two files are at the same location as before.)

  Josh