[Biojava-dev] no need for LENGTH_TYPE_TERM

george waldon gwaldon at geneinfinity.org
Thu Apr 19 21:05:09 UTC 2007

LENGTH_TYPE_TERM is a RichSequence term that is used to distinguish between "aa" and "bp" during the write operation in uniprot format and in genbank format.

This code is error-prone. For instance, converting a protein sequence from a fasta file to a genbank formatted file still write "bp". Indeed, the sequence annotation for this term should be generated during the enrichment of sequence.

I don't think the extra-work is really necessary. Is-there any objection that I remove this term and rely instead on the alphabet (either PROTEIN or PROTEIN_TERM) during the writing operations?

Thanks,
George