[Biojava-dev] Fwd: Bug in org/biojava/utils/io/UncompressInputStream.java

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Apr 10 09:56:57 UTC 2007

I don't think there are standard classes for this compression format in
the SDK. There are ones for GZIP & ZIP but not for LZW which this one is
dealing with. Also I'm not sure about using GZIP to unzip a file
compressed with LZW since GZIP uses DEFLATE.

We need to decompress the file using uncompress (which is missing from
my Linux box but is on the mac ... go figure) and then match that up to
the output from UncompressInputStream & see if they agree or not.

Andy