[Biojava-dev] GenbankFormat and BASE COUNT

george waldon gwaldon at geneinfinity.org
Fri Aug 25 17:46:15 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
>From: mark.schreiber at novartis.com
>Will this be removed from the GenebankFormat in
>org.biojavax ?

- Yes

>Also, what will happen if I have a legacy Sequence annotate
> with that keyword and I try to write it out with the new
>format?

It will be lost, as an output but not as information which can be easily recovered from the sequence data. Nothing will happen then; I don't think this line is parsed anyway, not in biojavax for sure. Note that until yesterday the output was incorrect; the COUNT keyword was missing and only BASE was written out. This is now corrected in the trunk. I think removing it completely is a logical move and is very safe. If you look in genbank last release notes (genbank release 154.0- june 15 2006), you'll see that more things are going to change and we need to keep our output updated.

- George