[Biojava-dev] Some problems with createDNASequence

William Stott w.p.q.stott.s04 at cranfield.ac.uk
Thu Nov 18 02:11:28 EST 2004

Hi,

 I'm just evaluating BioJava and seem to have encountered a problem:

 Sequence dna = DNATools.createDNASequence("atgctgB", "dna_1");

 I expected an exception to be thrown (see attached Unit Test) as B is not a valid character for a DNA sequence (atgc), but it wasn't.

 Do you publish the JUnit Tests for BioJava? Where can they be obtained? Is there a more formal mechanism for  submitting defect reports?

 Regards

 Will

P.S. I sent this message before, but it got bounced due to a suspicious header

createDNASequence

public static Sequence createDNASequence(java.lang.String dna,
                                         java.lang.String name)
                                  throws IllegalSymbolException

	Return a new DNA Sequence for dna.

		Parameters:
		dna - a String to parse into DNA
		name - a String to use as the name
		Returns:
		a Sequence created form dna
		Throws:
		IllegalSymbolException - if dna contains any non-DNA characters