[Biojava-dev] Probabilistic Suffix Trees vs. Suffix Trees - Are PST needed in BIOJava?

Eivind Naess eivnaes at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 01:47:28 EDT 2004

Hi guys,

I have an implementation of a probabilistic suffix
tree (PST) in Java that might be usefull for statistic
measurements of biometric strings as well as other
pattern recognizing applications.

Now, I do not know the differences in full between PST
and a Suffix Tree (ST) which is already implemented in
BioJava. Please, if someone could reply me back with
some thoughts about this and how I would proceed
further to eventually contribute some time onto this
project.

Best regards,
Eivind Naess