[Biojava-dev] OutOfMemory when using a big Weight Matrix solved; Curious distribution weights

Bruno Aranda - ebioIntel biodev at ebiointel.com
Wed Jan 28 05:50:03 EST 2004

Thanks, now everything works ok when finding motifs in sequences (this
means more hours to sleep :-) ). However, I've found a curious (or not
that curious) thing when working with counts and distributions:

Imagine the Count:

A C G T
0  5  2  3

Weights of the distribution should be: w(A)=0, w(C)=0.5, w(G)=0.2, w(T)=0.3

But with biojava we get all ok except T, with a value of
w(T)=0.30000000000000004...

I'm rather new to biojava and I got lost in the Count and Distribution
classes trying to locate the problem and create a workaround. I think
that using some BigDecimals might solve this situation,

Thanks!

Bruno Aranda
ebioIntel