[Biojava-dev] Re: biojava EMBL parser

Lorna Morris lmorris at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 09:39:34 EST 2004

Thankyou

I've put the new and modified files on this website:

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~lmorris/bioJavaFilesJan04/

Here are some details:

Files added:

org.biojava.bio.seq.FeatureQualifier -  implements Comparable to specify
the order of feature qualifiers within a feature

org.biojava.bio.seq.io.EmblGRFileFormer - overides addFeatureProperty
(to use FeatureQualifier type as keys), overides formatQualifier() (to
insert evidence tags after closing " in feature qualifiers).

Files changed:

AbstractGenEmblFileFormer - QUALIFIER_DATA changed from private to protected

EmblLikeFormat.writeSequence - changed to instantiate EmblGRFileFormer
if the EMBL file is of the Genome Review sub-type

EmblProcessor - added a new Factory class GRFactory

FeatureTableParser.processAttribute - changed to check featureSource
before calling addFeatureProperty

SeqIOEventEmitter.getSeqIOEvents - added new sorting method
comparableList(Collection,SeqIOListener), added call to this new method

SeqIOTools - added new methods readEmblGR(OutputStream, SequenceIterator)
                     writeEmblGR(BufferedReader)
                     getEmblGRBuilderFactory()

I've added some javadoc and all my additions are marked with comment //lorna

If these changes could be added to biojava-live before the first release
of EMBL Genome Reviews in mid February, that would be excellent. Paul
Kersey (pkersey at ebi.ac.uk) will be looking after this whilst I'm away.
Many thanks,

Lorna