[Biojava-dev] Build system changes

Len Trigg len at reeltwo.com
Wed Jan 21 13:28:45 EST 2004

Thomas Down wrote:
> One worry, though, is that if you watch memory usage during
> an 'ant runtests', it creeps up pretty rapidly even when
> running tests which only use a few small objects.  I'm wondering
> how much of the problem is actually data, and how much is due
> to keeping lots of classes in memory.  BioJava is a pretty big

I suppose that could account for a lot. How much memory does it take? As
a data point, our main src module here has about 10% more classes than
biojava, and runs around 4000 tests. We give the JVM 200MB when running
the tests. I think we had problems with 128MB. Our stuff can be very
memory intensive while running (text categorization, lots of documents
and classifiers etc), so I would say has a higher memory requirement
than biojava.

Cheers,
Len.