[Biojava-dev] biojava-acedb status

Philip E Macmenamin pm66 at nyu.edu
Thu Jan 8 20:51:14 EST 2004

Hi,

As far as I know, BioJava is in a bit of a sorry state wrt ACeDB interface. I had it working away in JSP alright, but I seem to remember that it has no ability to write to the db. Its just really limited... I tried playing with it for a while, and ended up giving up, and using Lincoln Stein's very reasonable perl libs for doing everything with ACeDB.

So, yeah, I think some one has to go off and actually write the stuff properly before anyone can do much (NetBeans or other) with it.

Philip