[Biojava-dev] Should I write a new blast parser?

Ji Xuwo jixw at mail.cbi.pku.edu.cn
Mon Dec 13 07:53:04 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I have ran blastp and planned to parse the result and to extract those hit
sequences' stretches, which are accurately identical to some stretches of
the query sequence. In other words, I need those hsp without any gap or
substitution.

I search the tutorial and API documents. It seemed that I need to write a
new parser for my task,isn't it? I hope to confirm this point. If I should
write this parser, I hope anyone give some suggestion, such as how to make
new parser general and what I can study from the current
"BlastLikeSAXParser". Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.