[Biojava-dev] How to submit a new tool to BioJava? (ImportWizard)

Jan Taubert jan.taubert at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Aug 10 06:48:10 EDT 2004

Hi,
I'm new to here and thats why i write to the mailinglist. I'm student at
the bioinformatics department of Bielefeld University, Germany.

I developed a little tool in Java named ImportWizard. It is so far i
know OS independent and only needs an external XML-parser (e.g. xerces)
to parse it's XML configuration file. It's main goal is the easy import
of structured text files like microarray experiment results.

To show it's functions i added three jpegs showing the three user
interface steps the tool exists of.

Step1 : let the user choose a filename and some file specific elements
like tab or comma separated
Step2 : here one can select the cols and rows needed
Step3 : now the labelling of the remaining cols is done manually and a
mapping to a string for the spotid is choosen

My former tutor told me that this little tool could be of interest to
BioJava.

Sincerely yours,
Jan Taubert