[Biojava-dev] problems with biosql

Len Trigg len at reeltwo.com
Fri Sep 26 01:12:33 EDT 2003

> From: Matthew Pocock <matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk>
> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:19:08 +0100
>
> And here's another stack-trace we get after getting the SQLException
> to use initCause() - it's a monster trace :) Apparently, part of the
> code things that a term needs adding to the database, but another
> part thinks it already exists. At least that's the best I can figure
> from the undocumented code & exceptions that don't say very
> much. Sorry - long day.

I've seen the exact same message with Oracle, which uses "SEQUENCES"
associated with triggers to auto-assign row ids. Someone had manually
added a term to the table, and the sequence got confused when the id
it wanted to assign next had already been used. My workaround was to
recreate the sequence starting from the next id to be assigned. Maybe
the case for postgres is similar.

Cheers,
Len.