[Biojava-dev] problems with biosql

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 12:44:51 EDT 2003

Hi,

We have been adding sequences (from embl files) into biosql (using the
latest CVS biojava, and the latest CVS biosql schema) using the normal
addSequence() method.

We have an exception loading data into biosql for just some sequences
that I've tracked back to BioSQLSequenceDB.intern_ontology_term() and
OntologySQL.termID() but this code is beyond me - It's not documented
and I'm not sure what the contract for these methods is meant to be.

Thomas, did you write this? Any idea what is going wrong? In the mean
time I will try to track down exactly what ontology term is causing the
problems.

Matthew

org.biojava.bio.BioRuntimeException: Error adding BioSQL tables (rolled
back successfully)
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.BioSQLSequenceDB._addSequence(BioSQLSequen
ceDB.java:464)
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.BioSQLSequenceDB.addSequence(BioSQLSequenc
eDB.java:315)
        at mbsample.EmblBase.main(EmblBase.java:68)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Couldn't create term in legacy
ontology namespace
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.BioSQLSequenceDB.intern_ontology_term(BioS
QLSequenceDB.java:903)
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.BioSQLSequenceDB.persistBioentryProperty(B
ioSQLSequenceDB.java:857)
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.BioSQLSequenceDB._addSequence(BioSQLSequen
ceDB.java:450)