[Biojava-dev] gui speed

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 06:45:46 EDT 2003

Hi,

I just checked in some fixes for the gui code that drastically improves
rendering speed. I think this should be ported to the 1.3 release. The
altered classes are all in org.biojava.bio.gui.sequence. I've added
GUITools, which has (at the moment) a single method for computing the
visible indecies, using the clip.

My app goes from being sluggish to being smooth. I hope it generaly
helps. We need do document propperly how the getRange() property should
be used, and how that interacts with rendering and layout.

Matthew