[Biojava-dev] AbstractULAlignment

Lachlan Coin lc1 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Mar 11 14:37:51 EST 2003

Hi,

I have been using AbstractULAlignment, and I have noticed that  the
subAlignment() method does not deal with non-contiguous Location objects
properly:  it takes the getMin() and getMax() from location and returns a
contiguous sub-alignment with this minimum and maximum.

I guess we should document this in the api, and throw and error for
non-contiguous locations in the method, at least at a short-term fix,
before fixing the method.  Am I missing something? Does anyone have code
which fixes this problem?

Thanks,

Lachlan