[Biojava-dev] Contributing chromatogram support to BioJava

Rhett Sutphin rhett-sutphin at uiowa.edu
Fri Mar 7 09:33:21 EST 2003

Hi,

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 03:29  AM, Matthew Pocock wrote:
> Sounds great! I for one could realy use this stuff.
> Could you dump the javadoc somewhere so that we can
> just double-check the API, and then we can sort you
> out. Are you intending to dump the code into biojava

I'll do this sometime this weekend.

> and forget about it or do you want to help maintain
> it? If the latter, we can get you a read/write account
> rather than maintaining the code via one of us.

I'd be happy to maintain the code for the time being.  Of course, I'll
need advice on where (which package(s)) you'd like the code to go.  The
way it is structured right now is like this:

x.chromatogram:
   Interface, "simple" implementation, exceptions, factory class
x.chromatogram.formats:
   Implementations for specific file formats (and assoc. parsers)
x.chromatogram.graphic:
   The Java2D drawing class
x.chromatogram.utilapps:
   The command-line programs

But looking at the biojava hierarchy, I imagine that the "formats"
package should probably be split up into subpackages of
org.biojava.bio.programs.  "graphic" might go into
org.biojava.bio.gui.chromatogram.  I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for your input,
Rhett

--
Rhett Sutphin