[Biojava-dev] biojava-acedb

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 4 17:03:24 EST 2003

Hi Matt,

I've just taken a look at the package. It doesn't
appear to have been touched for quite a while. I've
edited the Database interface (just removed the
commented out deffinition of fetch) and that portion
builds. The sequence binding package (org.acedb.seq)
doesn't build, but I've fixed a couple of the bit-rot
problems with it.

As I remember, the seq package was doomed to failure
from the start because every acedb instance uses
different and incompattible sequence and assembly
models. Also, at the time, we didn't have the
projection and assembly code working. If you do want
to make acedb look like a biojava SequenceDB, then I'd
be happy to help out where I can with words of
encouragement (or at least point you at the
appropreate bits of API).

Matthew

 --- "matthew couchman (JIC)"
<matthew.couchman at bbsrc.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi, sorry if