[Biojava-dev] *-1.4 dirs in CVS

Rhett Sutphin rhett-sutphin at uiowa.edu
Wed Jun 18 12:54:46 EDT 2003

Hi,

I committed the Chromat2Image sample class (that I sent to biojava-l
yesterday) into biojava-live under demos-1.4/chromatogram/.  Then I
noticed that all the other subdirectories under demos-1.4/ are empty.
I also noticed that build.xml (from CVS) doesn't seem to build from any
of the 1.4 directories, though there are still properties defined for
them.  This leads me to ask two questions:

* Are there no longer different versions for 1.3 and 1.4?  I remember
there being some discussion of this, but the 1.30 release announcement
suggested that they would remain separate.  Should I put Chromat2Image
in demos/chromatogram/ instead?

* If there aren't different versions of 1.3 and 1.4, why are src-1.4,
tests-1.4, and demos-1.4 still there?

I checked the list archives to see if I missed something but didn't see
any clear statement one way or the other.

(I should mention that I'm not opposed to requiring 1.4 -- I'm just not
clear on whether that's the plan.)

Thanks,
Rhett

--