[Biojava-dev] Fresh checkout from CVS problem

Thomas Down thomas at derkholm.net
Wed Jun 11 15:40:29 EDT 2003

Once upon a time, Simon Foote wrote:

> And it runs the entire repository downloading it correctly until it hits
> the what I assume is the last file in the repository and then it hangs,
> only a Ctrl-c will get me out of it.  The last few lines are:
>
> cvs server: Updating biojava-live/tests/org/biojava/utils
> U biojava-live/tests/org/biojava/utils/ListToolsTest.java
> cvs server: Updating biojava-live/tests/org/biojava/utils/lsid
> U biojava-live/tests/org/biojava/utils/lsid/LifeScienceIdentifierTest.java
> cvs server: Updating biojava-live/tests-1.4
> cvs server: Updating biojava-live/tests-1.4/org
> cvs server: Updating biojava-live/tests-1.4/org/biojava
> cvs server: Updating biojava-live/tests-1.4/org/biojava/bio
> cvs server: Updating biojava-live/tests-1.4/org/biojava/bio/molbio
> cvs server: Updating biojava-live/tests-1.4/org/biojava/utils
> cvs server: Updating biojava-live/tests-1.4/org/biojava/utils/lsid  <---
> Hanging on this line

I think that's right at the end of the checkout, so unless
I'm mistaken, killing the checkout with ctrl-C should give
you a complete tree which builds okay.

I saw a similar problem last week.  It cleared spontaneously.
Unless it's actively causing problems for you, I'd just put
it down as one of those deep, dark, mysteries of CVS...

    Thomas (roll on Subversion :-).