[Biojava-dev] bits of information

Lachlan Coin lc1 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Jun 3 17:14:22 EDT 2003

Yeah sure - good idea to have both methods.  It seems like calling either
method 'information' would be confusing, so we should rename the current
method entropy, and add a new method but not call it information either.

Lachlan

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Francois Pepin wrote:

> I think that the name is misleading.
>
> It's obviously a measure of information, but it gives back the entropy.
>
> Just saying that something returns the information content is not quite
> correct in this case as it returns the entropy.
>
> The documentation should definitely be cleared up to make that clear.
>
> I think that adding the method in question would be a good idea as well.
>
> Francois

Lachlan Coin
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute		Magdalene College
Cambridge  CB10 1SA			Cambridge CB30AG
Ph: +44 1223 494 820
Fax: +44 1223 494 919