[Biojava-dev] Messages with attachments to biojava-dev

Thomas Down thomas at derkholm.net
Thu Aug 21 05:00:59 EDT 2003

Hi Mailteam,

We're currently in the process of setting up a nightly build system
for the BioJava libraries.  The plan is to send reports to the
biojava-dev mailing list, to help developers keep track of changes
and spot build or test failures quickly.  Unfortunately, the mailing
list is currently rejecting the report messages.  I think the issue
is that the reports are MIME multipart messages, with a summary of
the test suite run included as an attachment, and this is triggering
an anti-attachment filter which was installed as a stopgap measure
when we first started having a big virus problem on the mailing lists.

My understanding is that the mail server is now running some specific
anti-virus software, so would it be possible to allow legitimate
messages with attachments through again?  This would also allow
people to send patches as attachments.

Are there any reasons why this might be a bad idea?

    Thomas.