[Biojava-dev] biojava / Security

pjm pjm at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Aug 19 06:08:43 EDT 2003

I've just checked out the 1.3 branch and found it doesn't compile;

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 950 source files to
/nfs/pathdb/prod/external/build/biojava-1.3-2003-08-19/ant-build/classes/main
    [javac]
/nfs/pathdb/prod/external/build/biojava-1.3-2003-08-19/ant-build/src/main/org/biojava/bio/seq/io/agave/AgaveWriter.java:94:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class PCDATAFilterWriter
    [javac] location: class org.biojava.bio.seq.io.agave.AgaveWriter
    [javac]     protected PCDATAFilterWriter mFilter;
    [javac]               ^
    [javac]
/nfs/pathdb/prod/external/build/biojava-1.3-2003-08-19/ant-build/src/main/org/biojava/bio/seq/io/agave/AgaveWriter.java:151:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class PCDATAFilterWriter
    [javac] location: class org.biojava.bio.seq.io.agave.AgaveWriter
    [javac]         mFilter = new PCDATAFilterWriter(mOut);
    [javac]                       ^
    [javac]
/nfs/pathdb/prod/external/build/biojava-1.3-2003-08-19/ant-build/src/main/org/biojava/bio/seq/io/SeqIOTools.java:342:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class GenpeptFormat
    [javac] location: class org.biojava.bio.seq.io.SeqIOTools
    [javac]         SequenceFormat former = new GenpeptFormat();
    [javac]                                     ^
    [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
    [javac] 3 errors

The first 2 problems come down to the inner class PCDATAFilterWriter
being removed from the file AgaveWriter.java.

The last problem is a one line change;

          SequenceFormat former = new GenbankFormat();
---