[Biojava-dev] Error trying to write a sequence in memory to system.out in FASTA format

Carlisia P. Campos carlisia at bu.edu
Tue Aug 12 02:38:38 EDT 2003

Hello there,

I am trying to write a sequence in memory to system.out in FASTA format
and I get the exception below. If anyone has a work around pls let me
know.

Thank you,
--Carlisia

     try{
       Sequence seq = DNATools.createDNASequence("atggct", "seq");
       SeqIOTools.writeFasta(System.out, seq);        <--- breaking here
     }
     catch (IOException ioe)
     {
       ioe.printStackTrace();
     }
     catch (IllegalSymbolException ex) {
       //this will happen if you try and make the DNA seq using non IUB
symbols
       ex.printStackTrace();
     }

org/apache/regexp/RESyntaxException
	at
com.carlisia.ws.bio.TranscribeDNAtoRNA.main(TranscribeDNAtoRNA.java:74)
Process exited with exit code 1.