[Biojava-dev] Tutorial 1 and ambiguous symbols

andy hammer andy hammer" <ahammer@genetics.utah.edu
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:50:53 -0600

Hello!

I just discovered biojava a few days ago and am very excited to start using
it in my code.
The tutorials and demos are very helpful.
I still have a question on how to handle ambibuous symbols.
The last sentence in Tutorial 1 suggests modifing GCContent.java to ignore
any ambiguous symbols.
When I run GCContent it already ignores any ambiguous symbols.
I am interesting in counting the ambiguous symbols.
Any ideas on how I can include ambiguous symbols in the count?
Is there a demo or something I could look at?

Andy Hammer
University of Utah
Human Genetics