[Biojava-dev] TranslationTable

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
28 Nov 2002 12:59:46 +0000

[...]

    Thomas> It's probably worth having such constants somewhere, but
    Thomas> they seem to be `specifically biological' knowledge.  I
    Thomas> thought the plan was bio.symbol -> entirely abstract
    Thomas> String package, bio.seq -> biology.  Would the
    Thomas> bio.seq.GeneticCodes class be a more consistent (and
    Thomas> intuitive) place to put these constants?  Or are people
    Thomas> already attached to them in their current location?

That was me. I didn't realise that such an abstract / bio split was
being followed. I don't think it's written down anywhere.

I think you're right - GeneticCodes is a much better place.

Keith

--

- Keith James <kdj@sanger.ac.uk> bioinformatics programming support -
- Pathogen Sequencing Unit, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK -