[Biojava-dev] Experimental code module

David Huen smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:43:22 +0000

Hi,
I have checked in a module for experimental code (biojava-exptl).

This is where you can place code of a more experimental nature that would
belong in biojava-live.  The idea is that you get the opportunity to build
a case for an approach that might not be universally seen as a GOOD THING.
(i.e. I'm likely to put in some of my crazier notions too...) Create the
appropriate source tree in src/ to put your code into.  As usual, do ensure
that your code does not leave the module in an uncompilable state.

The ant script in this module builds exptl.jar that can then be included in
your classpath to try out some of the new functionality while being omitted
under other less adventurous circumstances.  You will almost certainly need
biojava.jar in your classpath to make anything you put here compile.

It should be emphasised that no code, in this module or otherwise, gets a
free ride into BJ2 whenever that may be - it will have to justify its
existence in the harsh light of merit and the conviction of your peers that
it belongs there.

Regards,
David Huen