[Biojava-dev] Smith-Waterman algorithm

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:06:39 +1300

Hi -

The biojava dp package include HMM stuff which can be used to perform
pairwise alignments. However, this is possibly slower (although more
sensitive) than SW and NW. I think it would be good to get the two
algorithms into to the package simply because they are so familiar and
widely used in bioinformatics.

- Mark