[Biojava-dev] Dynamic renderer updates

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
05 Nov 2002 13:17:29 +0000

[...]

    Paul> I'd propose the following simple changes to the
    Paul> AbstractBeadRenderer to allow delegate renderers to be added
    Paul> and removed dynamically:

    Paul> * Add a clear() method to the cache inner class * Add a
    Paul> removeDelegateRenderer(OptimizableFilter filter) method *
    Paul> Clear the cache whenever a delegate renderer is added or
    Paul> removed

Hi Paul,

You have a good point here. I think we need these
improvements. There's a case for putting
removeDelegateRenderer(OptimizableFilter filter) in the
BeadFeatureRenderer interface, although this may affect some peoples'
home-grown BeadFeatureRenderers (if there are any out there).

I can't create a new account myself, but I'm happy to apply any
patches. I've noticed a bug in setDelegateRenderer which I need to fix
anyway (it doesn't check properly that the new filter is disjoint with
all other filters).

thanks,

Keith

--

- Keith James <kdj@sanger.ac.uk> bioinformatics programming support -
- Pathogen Sequencing Unit, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK -